16 February 2010

The Postcard Show

I have two sets of photos in Holiday Snaps – A Members' Postcard Show at PhotoAccess. That's not quite what I planned. I set out to produce a 'mini retrospective' of ten favourite travel images I had not shown before, but somehow the project took off at a tangent. This is better, I think, with only a nod to the past and a stronger focus on more recent work. As for the two very different sets of images, both are equally 'me'. I am glad the 10 images limit gave me scope to show both together.

This is the Polaroid 600/Holga set. The beach, the ocean baths, the spotted gum tree, even Canberra's lakeshore in the early morning – holiday dreaming, anyone?



And here's the 35mm/DSLR set. Something old, something new – my favourite photo from Canberra's 2006 Balloonfiesta, fishing boats at Essaouira (taken on a 2001 photo tour to Morocco), a battered weathervane snapped in some friends' back yard last December.





The show continues until Sunday, 21 February. More information is available here.

4 comments:

lorna said...

Beautiful series, Andree!! Love them all!

Andrée said...

Thank you, Lorna!

Susan S. said...

Wow! These are all so nice!

My favorite is the first one (top left corner) of the Polaroid/Holga series. Those tree shadows on the beach are FANTASTIC!

Andrée said...

Thank you, Susan! I couldn't believe my luck when I spotted those shadows...