31 August 2010

Hang It Yourself at PhotoAccess


Some Polaroids from my last visit to a favourite holiday location on the South Coast of New South Wales – more holiday dreaming... The originals are quite soft, so the prints had to be small; I used a textured paper to emphasise their soft, almost painterly quality.

This completes my 2010 group exhibition marathon! Always a fun show, this year's Hang it Yourself at PhotoAccess should be the best yet. It opens on Sunday, 5 September at 12 noon and continues until 19 September. Further details are available here.

Polaroid 600 Spirit

2 comments:

Susan Stayer said...

These look great, Andrée! Printing them on textured paper to emphasize the softness is a great idea. I wish I could see them -- and the whole HIY -- in person.

Andrée said...

Thank you, Susan! It's called making a virtue of necessity, but it worked out quite well. And the small scale stands out in a show where most images are larger.

We miss you here!