04 July 2011

An iPhone in Italy

Roman Flare and Afternoon Trees © Andrée Lawrey

Many of my favourite images from my visit to Italy last April were taken with my iPhone. The Hipstamatic app I was using just seemed to suit my subjects and the holiday mood I wanted to convey.  

I exhibited this pair in Access all Areas 2011 - The PhotoAccess Members' Show in May. I was trying for silhouettes but the iPhone sensor, the Hipstamatic app's Helga Viking lens and the angle of the sun conspired to deliver some additional special effects. The only post-processing I did was to crop off the white border around each photo, which doesn't look good in prints.

2 comments:

SIMages said...

Amazingly, they're a perfect fit for a diptych! Glad i bought them!

Andrée said...

Taken about two weeks apart, in different places, too... I'm thrilled that you liked them enough to buy them – thanks, Lorna!